PSALM OF COURAGE
In the face of troubles, it is courage we need and the assurance of God's presence. Someone sent me a card with a little poem on it. It made me think of things in the Bible about taking courage - Daniel 10, Isaiah 41, Joshua 1.
- Do not be frightened or worried:
for I am your God and I'm always beside you.
- Be determined and confident:
since you are mine I will always support you.
- I am the God of love who moves on gently:
leading you on, drawing you into all that is new and lovely.
- All you need is available now:
let me carry you and bear you along in safety.
- I am the Lord of love who comes to you in quietness:
there's no need for struggle or panic,
- for I died for you in the cruelty of torture:
how can I let you suffer alone?
- I am the Spirit of love to direct you tenderly:
I hold your hand and I will not hurry you.
- We will go on together into tomorrow:
for I am with you and I won't let you go.
- Be not afraid for I am with you:
I shall never abandon you wherever you may fall.
- Only be strong and very courageous:
for you are mine and I will always love you.